The NeZeR project will cooperate with all stakeholders in the building supply chain to increase the awareness about potential advantages from Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation. This will be achieved through the following activities:
- Technical solutions for Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation and utilization of Renewable Energy Sources will be analysed and combined to packaged solutions. Successfully executed Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation cases will be analysed and presented.
- The feasibility of Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation over traditional renovation will be emphasized by feasibility studies and environmental and economic assessments.
- Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation city action plans will be developed as well as concrete guidelines for developing similar action plans in other European cities.
- National clusters will be established in the participating countries consisting of the most relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge in the whole building chain with respect to Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation concepts will be improved through a series of competition and training workshops.
The project has a great potential to develop the Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation market, with its thirteen partners from Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Spain and Romania. The NeZeR project started in March 2014 and will be completed in February 2017. The project has a budget of 1.6 million euro and is financed by Intelligent Energy Europe with
co-funding from the project partners.